Greater than 100 Indian athletes have certified for the Tokyo Olympics which begins on July 23. This consists of two relay and two hockey groups. The variety of athletes collaborating within the Olympic Video games has seen an increase in every of its previous three editions.
Beneath are the names of all Indians certified for the Olympics in Tokyo, sorted by their sport, self-discipline and class:
- Tarundeep Rai, Males’s Recurve
- Atanu Das, Males’s Recurve
- Pravin Jadhav, Males’s Recurve
- Deepika Kumari, Girls’s Recurve
- PV Sindhu, Girls’s singles
- B Sai Praneeth, Males’s singles
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, Males’s doubles
- Vikas Krishan (Males’s, 69kg)
- Lovlina Borgohain (Girls’s, 69kg)
- Ashish Kumar (Males’s, 75kg)
- Pooja Rani (Girls’s, 75kg)
- Satish Kumar (Males’s, 91kg)
- Mary Kom (Girls’s, 51kg)
- Amit Panghal (Males’s, 52kg)
- Manish Kaushik (Males’s, 63kg)
- Simranjit Kaur (Girls’s, 60kg)
Fouaad Mirza is the primary Indian equestrian to qualify for the Video games in 20 years. He sealed his quota in eventing after topping the group within the particular person occasion class on the South East Asia and Oceanic qualifiers in November 2019.
Bhavani Devi grew to become the primary Indian fencer to qualify for the Olympics. The sabre fencer from Chennai booked her slot for Tokyo 2020 via the Adjusted Official Rating (AOR) methodology on the Budapest Sabre World Cup, an Olympic qualifying occasion, in Hungary in March.
- Anirban Lahiri
- Udayan Mane
- Aditi Ashok
Pranati Nayak is barely the second Indian girl gymnast to qualify for the Olympics. The inventive gymnast made the minimize in Could through the Asian quota.
- Males’s Nationwide Staff
- Girls’s Nationwide Staff
Each groups, led by Manpreet Singh (males’s) and Rani Rampal (girls’s), certified in November 2019 and every of them will carry an 18-member squad to Tokyo 2020.
Sushila Devi Likmabam will likely be India’s solely participant in Judo at Tokyo 2020. She made the Olympic minimize within the girls’s extra-lightweight (48kg) division because the highest-ranked Asian judoka outdoors the highest 18 on the Olympic Sport Quota (OGQ) rankings listing.
Indian rowers Arjun Jat and Arvind Singh certified within the males’s light-weight double sculls occasion on the Asian qualifiers in Tokyo, Japan in Could.
- Nethra Kumanan, Laser Radial
- Vishnu Saravanan, Laser Customary
- KC Ganapathy and Varun Thakkar, 49er
As many as 15 Indian shooters have achieved Olympic qualification up to now, making it the nation’s largest contingent at any Video games.
- Anjum Moudgil, 10m Girls’s Air Rifle
- Apurvi Chandela, 10m Girls’s Air Rifle
- Divyansh Singh Panwar, 10m Males’s Air Rifle
- Deepak Kumar, 10m Males’s Air Rifle
- Tejaswini Sawant, 50m Girls’s Rifle 3 Place
- Sanjeev Rajput, 50m Males’s Rifle 3 Place
- Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar, 50m Males’s Rifle 3 Place
- Manu Bhaker, 10m Girls’s Air Pistol
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal, 10m Girls’s Air Pistol
10. Saurabh Chaudhary, 10m Males’s Air Pistol
11. Abhishek Verma, 10m Males’s Air Pistol
12. Rahi Sarnobat, 25m Girls’s Pistol
13. Chinki Yadav, 25m Girls’s Pistol (changed by Elavenil Valarivan)
14. Angad Veer Singh Bajwa, Males’s Skeet
15. Mairaj Ahmad Khan, Males’s Skeet
- Sajan Prakash, males’s 200m butterfly
- Srihari Nataraj, males’s 100m backstroke
- Maana Patel, girls’s 100m backstroke
- Sharath Kamal
- Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
- Sutirtha Mukherjee
- Manika Batra
For the primary time since 1992, no Indian male tennis participant will play on the Olympic Video games. Solely Sania Mirza certified for Tokyo 2020 through her protected rating and he or she has chosen Ankita Raina to be her accomplice within the girls’s doubles.
Sania Mirza and Ankita Raina, Girls’s Doubles
Mirabai Chanu will likely be India’s solely consultant in weightlifting at Tokyo 2020. Ranked second on this planet, the previous world champion is among the many favourites for a medal within the girls’s 49kg weight division.
- Seema Bisla, Girls’s Freestyle, 50kg
- Vinesh Phogat, Girls’s Freestyle 53kg
- Anshu Malik, Girls’s Freestyle 57kg
- Sonam Malik, Girls’s Freestyle 62kg
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya, Males’s Freestyle 57kg
- Bajrang Punia, Males’s Freestyle 65kg
- Deepak Punia, Males’s Freestyle 86 kg
1. KT Irfan, Males’s 20km race strolling
2. Sandeep Kumar, Males’s 20km race strolling
3. Rahul Rohilla, Males’s 20km race strolling
4. Gurpreet Singh, Males’s 50km race strolling
5. Bhawna Jat, Girls’s 20km race strolling
6. Priyanka Goswami, Girls’s 20km race strolling
7. Avinash Sable, Males’s 3000m steeplechase
8. Murali Sreeshankar, Males’s lengthy leap
9. MP Jabir, Males’s 400m hurdles
10. Neeraj Chopra, Males’s javelin throw
11. Shivpal Singh, Males’s javelin throw
12. Annu Rani, Girls’s javelin throw
13. Tajinderpal Singh Toor, Males’s shot put
14. Dutee Chand, Girls’s 100m and 200m
15. Kamalpreet Kaur, Girls’s discus throw
16. Seema Punia, Girls’s discus throw
17. 4×400 Combined Relay
- Males’s 4x400m Relay